CSA: Know the BASICs - USB Training
- Provides an overview of the FMCSA's Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA - formerly CSA 2010) program and a brief discussion of where the data used in CSA comes from
- Helps drivers understand what CSA is and what it means to them and their carrier, including FMCSA interventions
- Covers the seven BASICs (Behavior Analysis Safety Improvement Categories) used in the CSA Safety Measurement System (SMS):
- Unsafe Driving
- Hours of Service (HOS) Compliance
- Driver Fitness
- Controlled Substances and Alcohol
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials (HM) Compliance
- Crash Indicator
- Helps drivers understand severity and time weighting of violations, calculation of BASIC measures ("normalizing" process) and peer comparison within Safety Group Events
- Ready-to-use training program includes several components
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
(1) The program combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
(1) Trainer Tools USB (not sold separately)
- Main video program
- Bonus video: Message for Management
- Instructor's Guide PDF
- Awareness Poster PDFs
- Learning activities
- Customizable PowerPoint® presentation
- Quizzes & answer keys
- Training log
- Training certificate
(1) Discussion Guide (not sold separately) – Provides additional information and discussion points to engage drivers in the training session.
(10) Driver Handbooks – Product Codes: 27685 (236-H) – Reviews key points and serves as a handy post-training reference.
(1) CSA Overview Poster – Hang in a break room or training area to give drivers a post-training reference.
- The BASICS
- Data Collection
- Unsafe Driving BASIC
- Hours of Service Compliance BASIC
- Driver Fitness BASIC
- Controlled Substances and Alcohol BASIC
- Vehicle Maintenance BASIC
- Hazardous Materials Compliance BASIC
- Crash Indicator BASIC
- More About Your Scores
- FMCSA Interventions
Quiz – 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
Message for Management Includes commentary on how to effectively use FMCSA's "Safety Management Cycle."
Video Previews – Offer a sneak peek at training programs for related topics.
- Roadside Inspections: A Driver’s Guide, 2nd Edition
- Driver Vehicle Inspections: The Complete Process
- Motorcoach Vehicle Inspections
Basic System Requirements
- A 400 Mhz or faster Intel-compatible CPU
- A video card with AGP architecture and at least 4 MB of onboard RAM
- At least 128 MB of system RAM (Windows 2000, XP and Vista users - 256 MB or more is recommended)
- Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP or Windows Vista (most software DVD decoders have either reduced function or no support under Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0)
- The latest version of Microsoft DirectX
- DVD-ROM drive (DVD discs cannot be read by CD-ROM equipment)